Thursday, May 14, 2009

From Cougar to Lion!

Now that I have officially finished my first course with an A- (Yeah for me and company tuition reimbursement that will only reimburse for a course with an A or B grade and therefore provides lots of motivation for me to get $2500 in tuition back by earning an A or a B!) I thought I would officially announce that I have started a Masters Degree program at Penn State. Sometime in the next 2-4 years - more likely four years at one class a semester - I should graduate from Penn State with a Masters in Human Resources and Employee Relations.



For those of you wondering why oh why I would be going back to school??? It is part of the long term plan that includes Jerry retiring in the next 7-10 years and us being parents to boys that will just be hitting high school and will need missions and college (hopefully) assistance. Beyond that, I believe education and job training, of some kind, are incredibly important and if you listen to our prophet he has encouraged members, including women, to pursue as much education as possible. The time and season for each of us to do this is different but for me the season is now and I am grateful for the sustaining help, from my husband and Heavenly Father, I have felt as I have considered and begun to pursue this goal.

4 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

Congratulations, and good luck! What a fun and exciting challenge. I think you will do awesome.

sarahhicken said...

Congrats on going back to school. I say good for you mabye I will join you soon.

Kristi said...

Congrats on the A-! That is really awesome! What an accomplishment to realize you can still hang with the best of them. But remember that cougars can beat up lions, so although you may be visiting and hanging out with some lions, for your saftey, it'll be best to remain a cougar on the inside.

Raich said...

good job...