Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vampires and Werewolves...

There is a good reason I don't read for pleasure; I can't put books down. I can completely escape in them and don't want to leave the book until the story is over. This is the reason I am now up for the third night this week at 3 am. I just finished reading Eclipse from the Twilight series and found myself crying over a human, a vampire and a werewolf. Really...it's sad I know that I am crying over fictional and impossible characters.

Not napping during General Conference tomorrow is going to be really hard. Almost as hard as staying awake and listening intently while wondering what waits in Breaking Dawn.

Not classic literature but a great escape and now I won't feel so left out of the conversations about these books! Can't wait to see what the movie producers do with the first film.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there sis,

I spent two nights finishing the last book. You get sucked into them, no pun intended. Thanks for all the updates. Jeremy is getting so big. I hope that all goes well with in vitro. Its not fair that the Lord gave all the creativity to one sibling. I was so proud just to figure out how to start a blog page, and you have Halloween dec's on yours. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to catching babies. Love you
Jenn

Kathryn said...

I join you in the in being awake at early hours... only on the other end. I wake up faithfully at 5am even on days when there is no seminary. Sometimes I wake up even earlier!
Josh has your same reading gene. He just finished the same books, reading every spare moment after school for a few weeks. He said they were kind of for girls, but good.

Susan said...

Kathryn - I love that Josh thought they were kind of for girls but could not put them down.

I am impressed you wake up at 5 am everyday! I wish I could do that.

Susan said...

Jenn - I'm not all that creative. I just copy a lot of ideas. I'll teach you the background thing it is really easy.

sarahhicken said...

Susan,
I loved those books too. All I literally did for 4 days was read all of the books. I was also one of the crazy people who stayed up till 12 am to get the next book. I hope all goes well with the in vitro. We will so be praying for you. Thanks for all of the updates.
Love,
Sarah