At some point my older sister and I began a running joke that if I weren't Mormom, I would have to be Catholic because only Catholics can do guilt as well as or better than Mormons do. I mean no disrespect at all, it's just that Mormons and Catholics are known for large families and feelings of guilt.
I wish I had a better grasp on grace and less of a grasp on guilt. Sometimes I envy the denominations that believe grace alone will save while I am too often bogged down in "faith without works is dead."
I laughed when I opened a package from my sister, who knows me so well she would find the following in a gift store and send it to me to make me laugh at myself.
Really what I should use this rosary to remind me of is not Catholic or Mormon guilt or that my guilt issue is so big we have to make fun of it. I should really use this rosary and the cross on it as a reminder that faith without works is dead but faith, without faith in the grace that my Savior offers, is not only a rejection of Grace but a rejection of the peace that He so freely offers if we will seek after His redeeming love. He knew we would not be perfect that is why His grace is part of the plan as well.
1 comment:
LOL! So funny and so true!!!
~ Danya
lyndadoption.blogspot.com
Post a Comment