Monday, November 24, 2008

Fish Stories...

So my brother in law, who is a nurse, posted the following comment...

Okay first off this sounds kind of like a fish story. Is that needle really THREE inches long? Secondly, it is great that you have some one that is willing to help. I think I would have a hard time with that shot too. I don't mind needles as long as they are not pointed at me.

...convinced he was wrong and the needle I use for injections is indeed 3 inches long, I broke out a ruler and guess what? The needle itself is only 1.5 inches long but I had to measure it three times to convince myself it was only 1.5 inches long because it looks a whole lot bigger when I look at it every night. I did not intend to tell "fish stories" and stand corrected. Now I know the needle is only 1.5 inches long but guess what? It still hurt tonight just as bad as when I thought it was 3 inches long!

No more fish stories about needles and thanks for the reality check James! Only 4-6 more weeks of injections! Woohoo!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's okay Susan, if it FEELS 3 inches then it's 3 inches! Any needle of any length is not a pleasant experience. But what a great reason to brave the needles for...keep the wonderful end product in mind (as I'm sure you do).

sarahhicken said...

It is still too long for my peace of mind. What a happy day when you are finished with the injections.

Kristi said...

I needle of any length is still a needle. I still have much sympathy for you.