Yesterday I got a phone call from the pharmacy that handles the fertility
meds and they needed my authorization for a co-pay.
LLU had loaned me a vial of one of the medicines I was on when I ran out and I needed to replace it. I really haven't kept accurate tabs on the cost of everything because it could make you crazy if you do and also because I have insurance that is covering the majority of the costs it has been easy to not keep exact tabs. That little picture in a couple posts below where I said, "This is what $4000 of medication looks like..." well, it was wrong. It should have said this is what approximately $8000 of medication looks like. My co-pay of 10% that I paid today was $70 and it was for a vial of medication that costs $700 and looks like this:

I think street drugs are cheaper and given that my ovaries are currently 10 times their normal size, I think street drugs make you feel a little better too. Not tempted to start - just a hormone induced observation of life.
More posts below with cute pictures of this weekend...
7 comments:
It is such a blessing that you have the insurance you do! I can see that this process would be impossible for some people! I wish you the best with this round.
I am beyond grateful for my insurance. I sat next to a woman in the waiting room yesterday who has spent 50k on infertility treatments and is finally pregnant.
I'm amazed at the costs incurred for this treatment. What a blessing to have such great insurance coverage. We think of you during this time and pray for the best for you and your family!
That is a ridiculous amonut of money!!!! SOO worth it though. Yah, street drugs are like 10 and 50 bucks a pop, what the heck!!! LOL!! Good thing for insurance..I couldn't even imagine it without. My insurance isn't that great it probably wouldn't cover anything. GOOD LUCK with eveything....!!
So how does Sarah know how much street drugs are...hmmmm? Just kidding. Hopefully this time will work, no pressure!If you want to go to a movie or something to get your mind off things call me.
Dang girl, sorry you have huge ovaries right now. I feel for you and hope for the best. Happy fertilizing.
I was also wondering how Sarah knew the price of street drugs. Must be having a cop for a dad. :)
Post a Comment