... with General Conference while serving my mission. Before then it had always been 8 hours of required attendance or at least 4 hours on Sunday. On my mission General Conference was a welcome break from the hard work of proselyting. I am grateful I had that experience and time to learn to love our conference seasons and the spiritual renewal they can bring.
I can't remember when I started but sometime after my mission I began to make a consistent effort to read the conference issue of the Ensign every time it came out. Even when I miss a conference session (which happens more often than I care to admit - those Saturday sessions are really hard) I can still hear the great words of council and each time there is at least one message that speaks to my heart or answers a prayer.
I have just finished the April 2008 General Conference Ensign issue and am now re-reading the things I underlined. On my blog - off to the right - I thought I would share some quotes and why they touched me or spoke to an area of my life I would like to improve. I'll change them every couple of days or when I remember...
June 15, 2016
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment