Today as I was getting out of the car and collecting trash, Jeremy asked, "Mom, can I have a drink of your coffee?" To which I replied, "Jeremy, mommy doesn't drink coffee." To which Jeremy replied, "Yes you do, it's right there (as he pointed at my Starbucks cup). Can I have a drink?"
First of all, how does he know what coffee is? Second, how does Starbucks permeate the mind of an innocent 4 year old to the point that he thinks a Starbucks cup always contains coffee and not my innocent cup of hot chocolate?
The only thing I could hear at that point was the voice of my mother saying, "Susan, avoid the appearance of evil." I really didn't think my occasional cup of Starbucks hot chocolate was evil and warping the perceptions of my child but since my four year old thinks I drink coffee and I don't like any of their cold drinks, Starbucks may have seen me for the last time this morning.
Farewell venti nonfat hot chocolate with whip....
First of all, how does he know what coffee is? Second, how does Starbucks permeate the mind of an innocent 4 year old to the point that he thinks a Starbucks cup always contains coffee and not my innocent cup of hot chocolate?
The only thing I could hear at that point was the voice of my mother saying, "Susan, avoid the appearance of evil." I really didn't think my occasional cup of Starbucks hot chocolate was evil and warping the perceptions of my child but since my four year old thinks I drink coffee and I don't like any of their cold drinks, Starbucks may have seen me for the last time this morning.
Farewell venti nonfat hot chocolate with whip....

2 comments:
There was a Starbucks on the way from seminary to school. I remember one day when I arrived at school with a much needed and tasty Starbucks Hot Chocolate. My best friend told me about avoiding the appreance of evil and being a good example to the students at school. It is a very hard choice to make - I think. If only hot chocolate didn't taste so good. I feel your pain! I am still shocked that Jeremy understood that Starbucks and coffee were connected. What a world!
They grow up way to fast don't they! I can't believe he made the connection either. I am impressed that the you are giving up a favorite just to avoid the apperance of evil to Jeremy WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment