Friday, February 26, 2010

December 2009






Jeremy's 1st Official School Program. All the Kindergarten children had to wear Reindeer Ears. In one of those great moments of grace in a mother's life, we happened across the last pair WalMart had and they had lights in them too. Jeremy reached up during the program the make sure he turned the lights on his reindeer ears!











Christmas Eve Cookies - My mom used to make sugar cookies that we would paint icing onto. I called her this year and asked her how to make the sugar cookie paint. It is super easy and so much easier for the kids to work with. This picture is of Rachael and Jeremy working on their cookies. Jeremy loves his older sisters!
























Christmas Eve pajamas. Does every family have this tradition? It is one that I love because your kids can open a gift but it can be pj's and not one of their big gifts. WalMart had great deals on pj's Thanksgiving Weekend. Thanks to a heads up from my sister I made a run to get the pj's that came in a bag with a toothbrush, slippers and flashlight. All for $9! What a great deal. Rachael did even better than me with her WalMart pj finds! I love this tradition!

Next year, I'll have to remember to grab some for Jared...




























Jared "opening" his Christmas gifts. I lost track in the madness of 5 kids opening their gifts and can't remember who got who what. Some of the most generic thank you notes I have ever written...











We tried something new this year and opted to have Christmas dinner the day after Christmas. This allowed us to enjoy Christmas Day opening gifts and going to the movies. We relaxed the next day and started cooking mid-morning. A cute picture of Jeremy with two nephews and his niece.












My two new favorite Christmas ideas that may become traditions...Thai food on Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner the day after Christmas!!

No comments: