This Thursday is book club. For those of you who are local come over even if you have not read the book. It is always fun just to get together and talk and the snacks are usually a good motivation too.
For those of you not local to my abode, the book is The Five Love Languages of Children and I recommend it as an easy to read, lots of insight, trying to be a better parent book. This book was interesting to read and reflect back on my own childhood and the ways I felt loved. Even though Jeremy is technically a little young to truly have a set love language, I have a good hunch of what his will be. The best part of this book is that each chapter provides suggestions of activities and actions you can take with your child that will speak to their way of feeling loved.
If you have not read this book yet, I would recommend it as well as the original The Five Love Languages that addressed how to understand how our spouses feel most loved and improve our ability to strengthen marriages by "speaking" our spouses love language.
June 15, 2016
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment