Monday, September 8, 2008

Way Past Time...

I am a little too sentimental and hang on to some things too long. Today, I put my missions suits in the D.I. pile. How many Elders have their mission suits 16 years after they first wore them? It was really way past time...

By the way, I know my hair still looks basically the same... Crud, someone needs to write into Oprah for a free makeover for me! At least I'm not still trying to wear the '92 suit and name tag.


Me and my district boarding the bus for the airport to take us to the mission field.

9 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Just a little past time!! Just remember to get a reciept if you plan on claiming the donation on your tax returns lol!! (Just a little something i've learned these past few weeks!!) ANyways, I totally know a guy in this pic. The 2nd one from the left in the front row, is his name bobby? I think he's my cousins ex!!

Raich said...

Awesome pic...love it... you know I'm the opposite and get rid of everything all the time. At least you weren't showing up to church in it.

Susan said...

Next to me is Elder Valle and next to his is Elder Thacker. I thought I would never forget names but have forgotten the other two in the front row with me. Too funny what a small world it is!

Stacie Lang said...

Talk about a small world I think I dated and almost married the guy standing behind you. Elder Bruce Cluff? Any way it is fun to see old pictures and I have to say that even though the cut of your hair may be similiar it is styled much better now.

Susan said...

Elder Cluff owes me $20 bucks! We had a bet that I would be married before he got home from his mission. I counter bet him that he would be home and married before I got married. I am pretty sure I won. So how was he to date? He was pretty fun as a missionary? A little uptight (coming from someone who is) but still a really good guy.

Thanks for the hair reassurance...

Stacie Lang said...

Susan,
He was a lot of fun to date and we did all kinds of fun and crazy stuff. He married in 1995 and had 3 children and had one on the way when he was killed during active duty. He was in a helicoptor on some top secret mission in cuba when the helicoptor crashed into the side of a mountain. I was in the singles ward with his wife when I met Steve. I hear she is remarried now as well.
He was also friends with Steve when they were young and when I first met his family Steves mom remembered me because I had dated Bruce. Crazy how quickly time passes and things change.

Susan said...

Wow ~ Not the answer I was expecting... I had always wondered what happened to him but definitely did not expect this update. Thanks for letting me know. I have pictures of him from P-day's and district meetings if you think his parents might like to have them for his kids and you still know a way to get in contact with them.

jwilson said...

That is hilarious. I laughed right out loud. I just took a mission dress to DI a few days ago. Why do we hold onto these things? :)

ma'elePHOTO said...

How awesome.... this blog's comments. What a SMALL world. I loved being nosey into yours and Stacey's convo. Sad for Elder Cluff's family, but cool to have both known such a neat guy.

(just a side-buster comment)!