Thursday, September 11, 2008

How to improve your tract home mirrors...

I found an ad for this company in a magazine yesterday and can't wait to try their product. I have been wanting to put a new mirror in our guest bathroom but the thought of taking down the contractor installed mirror, re-texturing the wall, hoping to find the paint that matches the rest of the walls somewhere in our garage and spending $100-300 on a pretty mirror has slowed me down. This website sells products that allow you to frame your existing mirror. I am not sure how much money it will really save but it saves a lot of work and the risk of tearing up the drywall under the mirror and/or having to repaint the entire bathroom because you can't match the paint...

Just another thing to add to the to do /to buy list!

5 comments:

Raich said...

genius
another one to add to our : why didn't we think of that and sell it first? lists

Susan said...

We would be so rich if we could think of all these genius things a little more quickly!

Here's another one for you that I am not sure about but may be curious enough to try and could be making us so wealthy too.

http://shop.ezapeel.ieasysite.com

ma'elePHOTO said...

I love it. I'd always wanted to replace our oversized tract mirrors for single, over-the-sink smaller ones that they show on Designed to Sell. This is a GREAT idea!

Tera said...

We actually have done something like this in our bathrooms. We bought chair rail and then painted it and framed our mirror. It was really inexpensive too, under 20$.

Kristi said...

Good luck with the project!